Friday, December 19, 2008

Music Ed. Nerd



I recently went to the NYSSMA conference to speak on behalf of NYU in a "what does college mean" seminar.  I felt like the ultimate loser because i was in heaven.  There were so many new ideas and colleges there to show off the programs they had.  I couldn't help but wonder what it would've been for me if i had done this stuff earlier in life.  I bought a book and got a few free things but the most impressive was the new Notation software.  They took the sounds from either the London or the LA symphony orchestra and recorded them into the software.  So now when you create something and play it back or you upload a song to practice conducting, it sounds like an orchestra and not Midi.  I was amazed and cannot wait to try my free demo!! What a brilliant new step in notation software.  The rep said that soon they will be adding a dynamics feature to it as well.  I hope the next step is to do this for choirs as well. 

No comments: