Thursday, October 9, 2008

Singing does not = technology savvy

So i am so pleased to be in this class.  I have to say that through all the groups i joined or started in undergrad, i am very saddened that i never learned how to do a website.  I wish i had been able to set them up or atleast help out our webmasters.  I cannot wait to use this information in my classroom. I teach for america reads and i already am thinking of ways to incorporate them on my site as well as create a site for them! I can only imagine the kick a kindergarten class of technology aware 4 and 5 year olds will get out of "being on the internet".  I love learning all of the wonderful things a computer can do since i only know the bare minimum and some photoshop i used for decorations at the loads of parties my house threw in undergrad, the show i designed and just silly little things i make for friends.  It's like a whole new side to the computer.  I immediately called my extremely techy friend when i started the website because i knew he'd be excited! 

i can't wait to see how this clueless singer/teacher is able to become a savvy website designer.  I may just have to switch majors i am getting so smart.

No comments: