Sunday, October 19, 2008

Imovie is genius


So now i am thinking i need a new computer in order to do all the things i want to do, to the degree i want to do them. I am very excited as i am making my movie to put online. I am using pictures from where i have been around the world and places i would still very much like to go. As the music i am using my friends' recording as a barber shop quartet of "wonderful world". I am obsessed with Imovie and cannot wait to use it for other projects. I think i will create one for the class i am teaching by the end of the school year. Maybe record them singing and use that as their music. I can't help but think like a teacher when i am in this class. Since kids are so technology smart these days i think that using it in a classroom will make them maybe want to learn more. Maybe in a school that has a low budget and kids that are struggling, giving them something as an outlet to relate to and use that they understand may level the playing field more. We are studying what makes a good teacher in Dr. Elliott's class and i found this quote from John Steinbeck that i thought was brilliant. It says that teachers are artists and in fact a rarer more special kind of artist because their medium is the human mind. This is so important to remember because an artist tries to make a point, be innovative, and be lasting. all things a teacher should want as well.

(above is a picture from one of my latest escapades in NYC where me met and got signatures from the cast of Altar Boyz - enjoy!)

No comments: